Last Updated April 16, 2020
Information we collect
While using the Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, other contact and demographic information, and payment information. You may provide us with Personal Information when you register for an Account, use the Service, make a purchase on the Service, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. Personal Information will also include any health-related information about yourself that you choose to directly or indirectly provide to us. You are not required to provide any health-related information in order to use the Service, but if you do, you are authorizing us to share such information with Emergency Responders and as otherwise provided for under this Policy.
We collect information about how you access and interact with the Service, such as device type, IP address, operating system, browser type, address of a referring website, activity on our website, device ID, access dates and times, and other system activity. We may collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, browser analysis tools, server logs, and mobile identifiers. In many cases the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable manner without reference to Personal Information. For example, we may use information we collect to better understand website traffic patterns and to optimize our users’ experience. In some cases we associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information.
When you use the Service, we collect geo-location information from your device to determine your physical location through data such as GPS, IP address, and WiFi.
How we use your information
Provide, Maintain, and Improve the Service
We may use your information to:
- contact you if you trigger an emergency
- dispatch public safety authorities to your location and share with them any information that you have provided us, including health information
- provide customer service
- send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- detect and prevent fraud
- operate, protect, and optimize the Service and your experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research
- troubleshoot and protect against errors
- personalize and improve the Service
- monitor and analyze usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Service
- develop new features
Sharing Your Information
When you use our Service, you are authorizing us to share information with relevant Emergency Responders. In addition, we may share information:
- that you direct us to disclose to others
- with our third-party business partners, vendors, and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing, or analytic services
- if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with local, state, or federal laws, or to respond to a court order, judicial or other governmental subpoena or warrant, or in the event of bankruptcy proceedings
- if we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sidekick, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties, or the public, including without limitation to protect Sidekick or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Service
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Sidekick
Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate or de-identified information.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Services
How we protect your information
We take measures designed to protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of information maintained in your Account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Service by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
Persons under the age of 16, or any higher minimum age in the jurisdiction where that person resides, are not permitted to create accounts unless their parent has consented in accordance with applicable law. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the relevant minimum age without parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Parents who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted may contact us at email@example.com.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Account or our ongoing business relations.
Changes and updates to the policy
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service and indicate the date of the latest revision. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.